Friday, March 29, 2013

Products I Love: NYX Foundation and Powder

Hi Ladies,

For those of you who are students and are on a Ramen noodle type budget, I feel your pain. After school expenses and bills, your bank account looks very sad. Of course being a woman doesn't change the fact that you love beauty products, but it does affect the price-range of the products you are looking at.
  Just because you can't afford a $35 foundation, it doesn't mean that you can't look as good, or even better, if you're wearing a $4 foundation. It just makes you smart!
     So I'll be trying inexpensive products and letting you know which ones I love in my new "Products I love" section.


Today, I am going to share my favorite face products: NYX HD "Stay Matte but not flat" powder foundation, and NYX "Stay Matte but not flat" liquid foundation


I bought both of these products at Ulta. They are $9.50 a piece, but Ulta usually has buy one, get one half-off deals.  I know you can buy them online at nyxcosmetics.com, but I'm not sure where else. If you guys know of any other place, please comment below :) 

The reason I love these products (besides the price) is because it does EXACTLY what I need it to do. I have very oily and acne-prone skin. And this completely covers any acne and scarring I have and controls shine. 

For every-day makeup, I only use the powder. I use a kabuki brush to blend it in my face, and use extra in places where I need extra coverage. 
For a night-out or special occasions, I blend in the liquid foundation with my fingers and then lightly dust the powder on top for extra-hold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment