Friday, April 5, 2013

DIY: T-shirt with lacy back

Hi Ladies,
I was doing some online shopping/browsing and ran into Victoria Secret's t-shirt shop page. I love t shirts because of the comfy-ness factor, but I also love the fact that these t shirt go one step further by providing some kind of intricate detail. However prices for the shirts are steep, ranging from $40-$70! I don't know about you, but I'm def not spending that much on a t-shirt.

So I thought, hmmm how about I make my own? I own lots of t shirts that could use updating, and I love little projects so why not. Here is my first creation, an open back t shirt with lace detailing. Enjoy!


 1) Grab an old t shirt. This one is a little too big for me.


2) Flip it over and cut the back all the way down. Make sure you don't accidently cut the front! 
3) Sew your ribbon or lace to the top of each half. This is going to create your bow
 4) See a bow!
5) Cut a length of lace and put it under the edges of the t shirt. Depending on how much skin you want to show, sew the lace under the edges of the shirt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment