Friday, March 29, 2013

DIY: Metal & Colored String Jewelry

Hello Ladies,

Here is another easy DIY to update old metal jewelry. I have a habit where I have to be doing something while I'm watching TV. I can't just sit still and watch a show, so this was a good project for me to work on while catching up on some shows.

All you need is a chain-link bracelet, and colored-string. For this project I used regular sewing thread, but please save yourself the time and energy and get thicker string :)

Here is my manly, chain-link bracelet and my colors of choice.


1) Thread your needle and begin weaving the string around each chain. When you're done, double knot the thread and cut it as close as possible to the knot.
2) Continue this process, using different colors on each link or every other link (as I did)
3) Use a clear varnish, I used clear polish, and lightly paint over the finished links. This will secure the thread and make sure it doesn't start unraveling.


No comments:

Post a Comment