Friday, March 29, 2013

Products I love: Vatika Coconut Hair Oil

Hi Ladies,

Coconut Oil has been all over the Internet lately for its health properties and its promise for lush hair. Even though we have just seen the media frenzy surrounding it, women around the world, particularly in India and islands have used coconut oil for their hair for a looooooooong time. My Indian friends all have beautiful, healthy-looking hair (which is partly genetics) but they also all use a bevy of natural products for their hair.

One of my friends told me about this hair product, so I rushed out to buy it. I found it in an Indian supermarket for $5, but you can also find it in stores specializing in international products as well as online.
                                                   It does wonders for dry, damaged hair!

I have very fine, long hair and my hair gets greasy often, so I use this product very sparingly only to my ends.

When you first buy it, you'll notice it is hard to squeeze out as the inside is solid. You will have to pull out the plug, and grab a butter knife or pen and mix it, and put the plug back on.

This product goes a loooooong way, you just need to squeeze a tiny amount in your hand, rub it and apply it to your hair: mid-shaft to the ends.

For a deep-conditioning treatment:
Apply the product generously and leave it on for as long as you can, and then rinse out. I typically shampoo just my scalp to get ready of any natural oil, and I'm done. No need to condition.

For every-day hair:
When you hop out the shower and your hair is still damp, squeeze a bit of the oil and apply it to your ends only. I've noticed that this works best for me because it gives my hair some much needed moisture, and also relief from the extreme humidity without weighing down my hair.

For my ladies of color: if you have natural hair this is an awesome product for you. Just use it as a styling product or comb some through your hair. It will leave your hair hydrated and healthy!


No comments:

Post a Comment