Friday, March 29, 2013

Teeth Whitening

Hello My Dears,

The other day I was flipping through a tabloid magazine and saw a picture of Snooki with her new Veneers. Have you seen them? She looks completely different.
Image from starcasm,net

Often times when we look at pictures of celebs, we see their big, shiny chompers and then look in the mirror and compare our teeth to theirs. The problem is that unless you were born with the perfect smile, no  amount of teeth whitening can ever amount to the expensive Veneers they have on their teeth.

Another bummer: We are all born with different shades of teeth color, ranging from a light yellow to a pale gray. If you are on the yellow side of the spectrum, teeth whitening will not make your teeth sparkling white. It's a sad truth.

So what is teeth whitening for? Age and certain beverages and habits can stain our teeth. When we whiten, we can remove the staining, which in turn makes our teeth look whiter. We can help prevent this by avoiding smoking, and trying our best to limit dark-beverage consumption. Coffee in the morning is non-negotiable so I now drink it through a straw to help out with stain avoidance.

I've been using Plus White: 5 minute Speed Whitening Gel for years now, and it's the best whitening tool I've ever tried. I tried professional whitening twice, and the results are no where compared to what they have been with this product. And at just $7 at Walgreens, it's a steal!
Image from luuux.com

It's very simple to use. Just grab a Q-tip, squeeze some of the gel onto it and apply it directly onto the teeth you want to whiten. I only stick to the teeth that you can visibly see when I smile.
Since it's only 5 minutes, I curl up my lips and hold the "tiger" pose until it's time for me to rinse it out. However if your teeth are badly stained and you are doing it for ten minutes, or you just can't hold your lips,  try using Saran wrap as a make-shift whitening strip.

I do it about twice a month, which is when I start seeing signs of staining. I advise you however, to be careful when using this product because it DOES make your teeth sensitive. So if you feel like your teeth are starting to bother you after using this product, then stop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment