Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Gift Ideas- Custom Necklaces

Hi Ya'll,

I feel like this month is just full of Graduations and Birthdays, all of which warrant a gift. I usually start to look for a gift way in advance, because I don't like being pressed to run into T.J. Maxx last minute and grabbing something.

This month, two of my close friends have birthdays and I wanted to give them something special. But what?
I figured everyone likes something that is custom, because it means 1) You took the time to think of them 2) You didn't just run out and buy something.

There are some awesome sites for personal and custom items and jewelry, however I was browsing through Etsy and found some awesome options for custom jewelry.

I wanted to share these two items I ordered from Etsy through "Shiloh Valley Designs." The pendants are made of acrylic and come with a chain. The one on the left, is a silhouette of Florida with a cut-out of a heart on her hometown. The one on the right is a monogrammed initial set, which is a super-hot trend right now. Both came in gift boxes, free of charge.
 I decided to pick this necklace for my friend, because she recently moved from her home state of Florida and I know she misses it very much. The shop offers all the states (including Texas :)) with the options of color for the pendant and silver/gold chain. I chose aqua and gold, but if I had to do again, I would probably choose a silver chain. As you can see, there is a small heart cut out in her hometown which is ridiculously cute.

 As I said, monogrammed initials are all the rage right now and I thought it would be a great gift for a particular friend. You send in the initials in the exact order ( First name, Last name, Middle name) and pick a color and Gold/Silver chain. I chose bubblegum pink and a gold chain.
I'll be giving them their gifts next week, so I'll keep you updated on their reactions!
Want more gift ideas? Let me know and I'll write more posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment