Monday, July 1, 2013

Products I Love: Wet n Wild MegaLast Lip Color

Hello My Lovelies,

I apologize for the gap in posts. I was taking summer classes, and they completely swamped my life. I just took my last final a couple of hours ago, so I figured it was time to hop on here and update you all on one of my favorite new products.

Recently, one of my friends swiped some of M.A.C.'s "Rebel" lipstick on me, which is a dark fuchsia color, and I loved it. However, I wasn't willing to spend $$ on a tube of lipstick. I started doing some research and found Wet n Wild's MegaLast lip color on walgreens.com, at $1.99 each and ordered eight different colors. I've noticed that drugstores don't ever keep all these colors stocked, so if you want a range of colors, your  best bet is to buy it online.


Colors from left to right: Think Pink, Just Peachy, Dollhouse Pink, Pinkerbell, Muave Outta Here, Sugar Plum Fairy, Cherry Bomb, Spiked with Rum

Let me say that I love the colors. I found that Sugarplum Fairy is a good dupe for M.A.C.'s "Rebel." Pinkerbell and Dollhouse pink are a bit too bright for me, I call them "Nicki Minaj Colors" because they remind me of her trademark lips. Cherry bomb is a great color for the fall, so I will wait until then to wear this dark color. Right now my favorites are Muave outta here, Spiked with Rum and Just Peachy.

As amazing as the colors and  price are, I've heard two main complaints about this product: the packaging, and the dryness of the product.

Packaging: Let's face it, you payed $1.99 for this lipstick, you can't expect it to come in a fancy tube. The plastic is cheap, however I would much rather pay less and get less glamorous packaging than pay more for a nice tube.

Dryness: Since this is a matte color, it has the same effects that all matte colors do, which is dryness because it has zero shine. The great thing about matte colors is the staying power on lips, and if the dryness really bothers you, you can always apply lip balm before or after applying the product.

One tip I wanted to share with you is that I found it difficult to apply the product onto my lips straight from the tube. The easiest method I found, was to apply the lipstick to my finger first, and then use my finger to apply it onto my lips. This made the product easier to glide on, and also helped to adjust the amount of product (intensity of the color.)

If your looking for fun, bold lip colors to play with, I recommend you purchase this product. It's so cheap, that you won't regret buying it later, even if you happen to toss it in the trash. All eight of these colors were about the same price as one tube of M.A.C. lipstick. :0

No comments:

Post a Comment